Monday, August 20, 2012

Superboy Blue Chalkboard for our Kitchen

We both loved the idea of a little blue chalkboard in our kitchen on the bathroom door. It adds a pretty pop of color and will make keeping a grocery list, errands list, love notes, etc.... easy - I'll just take a pic of the list before we leave - going green man. I love list.

After searching for a few weeks for the perfect color, I found Hudson Paint chalkboard paint which hands down had the best selection of chalkboard paint colors that I could find. Superboy blue was perfection and it turned out perfect.

D taped off a square on the door and painted like 4 or 5 coats over a few days. It looks awesome.

Somehow I can't find plain white chalk ANYWHERE IN NYC. How is this possible? I work in Midtown NYC it's like the center of the world you should be able to get anything you want there. So the search continues. I'll update when we finally use it :) But for now it's just a pretty solid blue, and it looks great next to our Balinese Protection Mask and peephole door frame.


First coat

A few days and a few coats later....

Good buddies

Perfectionist


The whole glorious kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment